Equipment has been drip feeding to complete a build. I’m currently testing powering the Pi4 and the ZWO camera via a SkyWatch 17mAh PowerTank. I am hoping that this would allow me to run the All Sky camera for a whole night without needing mains power.
Items I have:
- CCTV clear dome
- Some Steel brackets
- Various M3, M4, M6 Nuts and bolts
- A 12V –> 5V 3A USB power converter
- Various Cables
- Pi4 4GB
- ZWO ASI120MC-S
- Cigarette Lighter 12V Power plug & cable
Items I’m waiting on:
- PVC Junction Box (hopefully arriving today)
- Power Connector Strips (collecting later)
- Holesaw Kit for my drill (collecting later)
- Cable Glands for sealing the power lead (arriving tomorrow)
Hope to get an initial build done over the weekend..
Some initial test show that:
- Current ambient temperatures allow for enclosed operation without the need for any additional cooling.
- The PowerTank can probably last 24 hours without needing a recharge.
Just one hole so far needed into the junction box. Hopefully the last one.