Had a go at the orion nebula yesterday. First outing in a long time, just 30 x 5min exposures, with some Ha. Here is the first stab:
After a day or two, I decided to look again, and see what we can pull out of the data. Two and a half hours of capture roughly equates to about 1 Gigabyte, so there is a lot that can be done. Here is the final that I will settle with on this acquisition:
So last night, we obtained some more Oiii sub-exposures in order to bring the number to the same level as our Hydrogen Alpha sub-exposures. I also started to obtain some Sii exposures, only managed 10 or so for each pane of the mosaic. It looks like I should obtain more Hydrogen Alpha sub exposures as well now, as the quality does not appear to be as good as the other narrow-band wavelengths, and of course Hydrogen Alpha is a strong part of the composition. You will notice we are now using a different palette for the RGB composition. I probably need to flex up some of my GIMP processing skills as I still feel I am floundering around not really knowing what I am doing. Anyway, without further ado, please find below the current rendition:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.